Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Eat Meat Sparingly




This is what I need to eat more of right now. My glucose test came back normal except for my iron levels, which are a little low. My OB said I should start taking an iron pill each day, two if my body can take it. The first one yesterday made me sick. I took today's pill with food and that went much better. I guess I just don't get enough protein. I'll have to tell Ben to start taking me out to more steak houses.

Pregnancy does have some perks. You get to fudge the Word of Wisdom and you don't have to fast. ;) We had a family night lesson on fasting this week. Lauren was curious what it was all about. We discussed ways she and I could participate in fasting since I can't skip meals and she is too young to skip meals. Things like being part of the prayers and eating simple meals without dessert and stuff like that. The next day we were heading to my doctor's appointment and a Dreyer's ice cream truck passed by. I commented how ice cream sounded really good. Lauren piped up that I couldn't eat ice cream right now. When I asked why not she said because we were fasting and ice cream is too fancy to eat while fasting. I then had to explain how we only fast one Sunday a month unless we have a special need come up and not all month long.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I wish I had a doctor tell me to eat more meat.... bacon in particular. That is probably the only meat I really like. Do they have a Tucanos there? I bet you could get a subscription and maybe your medical plan could pay for it????

Neener Dog said...

Yes, ice cream is pretty fancy. But what if you ate it for dinner and didn't add any toppings? Dishing up a bowl of vanilla ice cream has got to count as plain.