Monday, September 1, 2008

Baby Link Hat

Lauren and Spencer are really into dressing up like Link and for my birthday I got a bunch of knitting supplies so I have been knitting Link items for the children. I've made hats and leg warmers and wrist warmers for them all as part of their Link costumes. They have all been good practice for when I make these items for myself.



Now that we have a baby on the way I thought it unfair that she not have a Link hat of her own. Here is the hat I finished for her. The colors do not scream baby girl, but I thought the yarn was cute and so soft. I didn't want to knit a Link hat out of typical baby yarn anyway. I'll have to knit a little bow or something to attach to it so people know we have a girl.

I've been trying the hat on my friend's baby's and Emerald my niece just to make sure I got the size right. I think it will be a bit big for a new born, but really cute up until about 3 months maybe, depends on what size head she has. If she's anything like Lauren and Spencer she'll outgrow the hat by two months.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Darling. If I ever get together with you I will make you teach me how to do this. I am not sure I have the patience for these types of things though.

Rebekah said...

That's why all my projects now are small ones. Wrist warmers and little hats don't take long so you get the reward of your labor pretty quick.