Here is some of the wood and hardware that Ben and I sorted on Tuesday.
Here is how much was finished by Thursday afternoon. Ben did all the rest of this work himself with a little assistance from me at points that required a second person to hold things in place. I also got to screw in a bunch of pan head screws for the brackets and rock wall attachment. So much fun. The playground main frame is complete and safe for children to play on. The only part left to attach is the swing beam and then the support frame for the swing beam.
This is Friday evening after the swing beam was attached. Our neighbor with the compressor came over again and helped attach the swing beam because I just was not strong enough or tall enough. Finally it is finished and the children love it.
Because of how much the ground slopes we had to cut off part of the swing beam supports so it isn't as high as it should be on one side. It still works great, though, and is perfectly level and it saved us from having to move a ton of dirt. Brenna hates the slide. We sent her down once by herself, once with Lauren, and once with Ben holding onto her. She cried each time. Maybe in a few months she'll like it.

2 comments:
I remember your hating the swings when you were little. You used to have nightmares about them. Don't send Brenna down too often or you may have her waking in the night crying because of dreams of the slide. It isn't much fun.
So fun. I bet you don't miss your old place at all.
Post a Comment