Thursday, March 12, 2009

Interview with Lauren, Age 5

I saw this interview on a friend's blog and her children had such funny answers I just had to ask my kids the questions. Spencer just said 'I don't know' to each question, but Lauren answered them all.



1. What is something mom always says to you?
Lauren - It's time to go to bed.

2. What makes mom happy?
Lauren - Eating edamame

3. What makes mom sad?
Lauren - When Spencer poops on the floor. (thank heavens that stage has passed!)

4. How does your mom make you laugh?
Lauren - Telling jokes

5. What was your mom like as a child?
Lauren - I don't know

6. How old is your mom?
Lauren - 30

7. How tall is your mom?
Lauren - 30 feet

8. What is her favorite thing to do?
Lauren - Cook

9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
Lauren - Go to the grocery store

10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
Lauren - I don't know

11. What is your mom really good at?
Lauren - Cooking

12. What is your mom not very good at?
Lauren - Killing spiders

13. What does your mom do for her job?
Lauren - Taking care of me and Spencer

14. What's your mom's favorite food?
Lauren - Edamame

15. What makes you proud of your mom?
Lauren - Cooking mac and cheese

16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
Lauren - Cookie Monster

17. What do you and your mom do together?
Lauren - Homework

18. How are you and your mom the same?
Lauren - We both know how to play music

19. How are you and your mom different?
Lauren - I have blue eyes and she has brown

20. How do you know your mom loves you?
Lauren - She cooks mac and cheese for me

21. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?
Lauren - To the grocery store


Almost every answer has to do with food. Hmmmm. . .perhaps that is because I asked her these questions while boiling a pot of edamame, which I then consumed all by myself. Lauren was having a big snack too. A peanut butter and jelly sandwich, two granola bars, one edamame bean, some goldfish, and some wheat thins with easy cheese. I think she's getting ready for a growth spurt.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun. I can't wait until Ben Benn can talk more.
PS. be sure to take some pictures of Matthew and the kids together when he's there :0)

B.K. Stanley said...

I agree this interview sounds very tasty- pretty cute too.

Marylois said...

You'll have to read Spencer one of the Wizard of Oz books that I read to Jonny when he was about his age. I'll have to check the library to remember which one it is but there is a little boy in the story and every time someone asks him a question he says, "I don't know". Jonny would laugh his head off each time the little boy said that. Cute interview with Lauren. It's funny that she thinks your favorite place to go is the grocery store.

Megan said...

So good!! I love that she thinks you're not very good at killing spiders...Neither am I!

Kristin said...

What is it with kids and Mac and Cheese? I like it too but wow. . . kids will love you forever. I hate when they grow of of that. . Then it is time to send them to school for lunch right?