I've been nauseous for almost two months now and yet I've managed not to throw up. How you ask. . .sheer will power I guess. Now I am in danger of forces beyond my control. My darling little children have picked up some horrid bug and I just know I'll get it. They have runny noses, croupy coughs, fevers, and vomiting. Have I gone this far to throw up because of a virus? It's just not fair!
The kids really were so sad today. Lauren's eyes were puffy and sad looking all day and Spencer has not been his happy mischievous self. They have both been lethargic and icky. I have been the nurse, orderly, and waitress. Three loads of laundry and two moppings of the bathroom later I am done because the children are in bed. I have wetted the last washcloth, filled the last cup with kool aid, read the last thermometer, and dispensed the last meds. Sleep my children and don't wake me until 7 am tomorrow. Ben got to go golfing today with the summer associates at his law firm. I think he just volunteered for the night shift.
I did try to sneak a small period of rest in this morning. The children found me and crawled into bed too. I felt drowsy at points but only they got any sleep. They looked so cute together even if they were feverish and coughing in their sleep.

6 comments:
Poor Rebekah! You never know, you may get sick, you may not. Just try to stay as far away from the kidos as you can without getting CPS involved. As you are carrying a baby, perhaps Ben can put you up in a posh hotel for the weekend, alone - with a book or two, and maybe some video games while the kids get better. What a perfect "thanks for being the mother of my kids and kid to come" present. Make sure it is 4 star and has robes, and folds the wash cloths in neat little shapes!
fun times! Just all be better for the reunion!
I agree with Allison. He owes it to you after ditching his sick family to go Golfing. :^)
Well he didn't ditch so to speak. Kind of a funny story that. It's casual Fridays at the office so he goes to work in jeans and a Hawaiian shirt. Comes home 30 minutes later to change into slacks because he was asked last minute to go golfing and the course doesn't allow jeans at all. Ha ha ha!
You'll like this quote:
"Nursing does not belong to a man; it is not his province. A sick child is always the mother's property: her own feelings generally make it so."
I hope you guy's are feeling better. Ben Benn has a small cold right now. Boo. Hopefully it doesn't get worse and hopefully he doesn't get sick like the last time we flew, it was bad, especially my cold, wow!
Post a Comment