Wednesday, June 18, 2008

15 Week Pregnancy Update

Sorry I do not have a newer ultrasound to post. I don’t even have a picture of my belly because I think I just look fat right now. Ben says I look pregnant. I don’t believe him. The baby is about the size of an apple and I think I felt it moving Monday night. Today I am 15 weeks and can finally say that the morning sickness, aka all day sickness, is passing. I have felt pretty good the last week. I'm no longer nauseous all day, but do get sick when I need to eat. I've had a few instances of feeling crummy again and food hasn't helped but at least they are less frequent. I still avoid certain smells, foods, and even thinking about some foods and probably will for a few more months.
I am ready to make a very scientifically sound prediction on the sex of the baby. It is all based on dreams I've had and what more solid foundation can there be than the dreams of a pregnant lady, right? With each of my children I have had vivid food dreams during the months that I have been morning sick. Lauren's dreams were always about eggs, bacon, sausage, and other savory breakfast foods. I would gorge myself in the dreams even when the food fell on the floor. With Spencer I dreamed of chocolate and candy. I was usually buying bulk items at a store and unable to eat them because I never got to pay for them. So far this pregnancy I have had a dream about standing at the closet in our house in Chicago trying to stuff a bunch of chocolate into my mouth but being prevented because people kept walking by in the hall. The dream was about chocolate and I was unable to eat it therefore I conclude we are having a boy. Yes, yes I know, flimsy at best, but hey, I haven't much else to go on right now. In about 4 weeks I'll know if I'm a prophetess or just your run of the mill crazy pregnant lady.

5 comments:

Marylois said...

We will be waiting for the pictures!

Kristin said...

or a hungry pregnant lady. All my dreams were about having a really easy delivery, or floods and tsunamis when I was pregnant. I was always really bummed or realy happy when I woke up.

Tara said...

I'm guessing boy too. I say you're a prophetess, regardless if you're right on this one or not. And I'm the one who dreamed of this little one before he even began, so you can trust me, right?

Matthew said...

I think it will be a boy, everyone I know is having boy's. I don't remember having weird dreams, but I did crave a lot of fruit and ice cream. See you next week!

Matthew said...

oh this is Kristi :0)