Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Look Ma! No Poo!


Time to potty train!! I gave Spencer a bath tonight and then left him to play in the tub for a few minutes while Lauren and I worked on a project. He was splashing and playing, but then things became quiet and I began to hear noises of consternation emanating from the bathroom. I went to investigate, as the sounds did not register peace in my mind. Spencer was indeed in trouble. He had done his business in the tub and was in the act of cleaning it up. He really looked quite sad and pathetic kneeling there in the tub with a wad of poo in his hands as he tried to scoop more out of the water, I helped him finish cleaning up and then we cleaned the tub and him again. When he had been dried and clothed in his jammies he looked at the garbage bag where the poo had been dumped and said, "Ma, ewwww, yucky!" I take comfort in thinking that perhaps the yuckiness of this experience will encourage potty training. Here is the clean little Spencer man. Such a cute little boy when clean.

5 comments:

Marylois said...

That is too funny but you didn't take a picture of the little boy knealing in distress!

Unknown said...

HA! He is such a cute boy! Can't wait to see him and Lauren at Christmas.

Rebekah said...

No pictures of the distressed little boy. I figured I'd leave him a little self respect when he's older.

Megan said...

HA HA!!!! Well look on the bright side...at least he didn't try to eat it(like a little girl I know who just happens to be my firstborn child...)!!

Matthew said...

Toot toot.