Friday, May 22, 2009

8 Eyes

Like mother like daughter, I guess.





Lauren started to complain of headaches and her eyes hurting her when she did her homework. At first I thought it was just a ploy to delay doing homework. I finally decided to get her eyes checked. She needed glasses, though just when she is reading or coloring or doing other things requiring attention to details. I didn't get my glasses until second grade, but perhaps I needed them sooner. Lauren hasn't had her eyes checked at school yet and that's how we found out I needed glasses.


She really likes the glasses and is excited to wear them to school. I suppose since she needed them so young it probably means her eyes will be about as bad as mine. Ben has been giving me a hard time about passing my bad eyes along since he has 20/20 vision. One day I'll have 20/20 again, and no, it won't be after Lasik surgery. Shudder!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

they are really cute glasses and Lauren looks super cute wearing them. I have really bad eyes I hope our kids don't get.

Kristin said...

She looks way cute. She is in good company too with you and Joe.

Marylois said...

She now looks just as intelligent as her mother! Just wait, Ben, you'll need reading glasses one of these days!

Marylois said...

We are all noticing how much you look like Emma in this picture with your hair pulled back. Emma can't see it though.