Yesterday we got a package addressed to me from Hawaii and since I wasn't expecting one I assumed it was for the new baby. I'd like to state for the record there was no indication as to when the package was to be opened and I think two and a half months away clearly indicates it isn't a Christmas present. Besides since the baby is due December 10, she'll need things before Christmas. (There have been rumors that I may have opened Christmas presents early once or twice, but I think most evidence points to Ben being the real offender in that regard.) So, with all these facts in our favor, we opened the present as a family for family night. It seemed fitting.
There were four gifts, just perfect. Three very cute little sleepers (my favorite is the pink and brown one with the elephant) and a beautiful baby blanket. Now Spencer and Lauren want me to find their Grandma Stanley blankets. I think Ben will need to do that since they are in a tub somewhere in our third bedroom. He'll most likely find them while rummaging for his Halloween costume so no worries.
Here is a very bad picture of the blanket made for Lauren. You can just see the tiniest sliver of it at the bottom of the blanket pile. It was purple, pink, and blue. As you can see this was my first child, it was winter time, and I was deathly afraid she would freeze during the night. I think I should have been more worried about her smothering in all the blankets she had.
.jpg)
Clearly I had learned a few things by the time Spencer was born.
Here is the newest blanket. It is a nice mix of the colors from both Lauren's and Spencer's blanket. Thanks Grandma Stanley! We shall make good use of this blanket. I just hope that Lauren and Spencer will let the baby use it when she is born. They both seem very eager to wrap up in it now.

4 comments:
Look at those cute babies!! The blankets are very cute too!
Yes, we love our grandma B.K. blankets too.
What a precious family heirloom.
you're welcome Rebekah. They were supposed to be opened right away so no need to feel guilty.
Post a Comment